WFM News • November, 2018
Here is my pick of the 22 most evident signs you need a new WFM solution.
- Hiring decision are based upon gut feel and knee-jerk reactions, or simply replacing attrition – not on future forecasts of demand and our ability to meet that demand
- Our standard response to missing service levels is to simply hire more staff
- “I applied for leave, I thought it was approved” or “I am not supposed to be scheduled on Friday” are common explanations for absenteeism.
- “I thought I was supposed to start at 9” is a common explanation for coming to work late
- The answer to any of “How many staff do we require”, “How many did we schedule” or “how many do we actually have on the phone” is “not sure”
- We cannot explain why Service Level was missed on Monday
- Our Shrinkage, AHT and Occupancy targets are based more on guesswork than analysis
- Our service levels vary greatly within the day and from day to day
- Our schedules are determined more by when employees want to work than when they are needed
- Some employees love their schedules, others hate them
- All of our staff are full time because we have never really considered part-time staff
- Whenever our employees or management ask us to do something different we cannot tell what the impact will be on SL
- Coaching sessions are always being cancelled due to high volume
- Whenever we have training or team meetings the call queue blows out
- We are always in “all hands on deck” mode
- Employees are always complaining that their schedules are being changed
- Supervisors cannot coach agents because their schedules are not aligned
- We have 3 people on the night shift because that is how many we have always had
- We looked at getting serious about WFM – but it is just too expensive (it isn’t)
- We spend all this time on creating a plan but we have not idea if anyone follows it.
- Payroll is always wrong because we do not know who was in the centre at what time
- We paid a lot of money for this software but nothing improved
If any of the above seem familiar, Optima WFM can provide a solution, one that will cost you less, not more and will improve the performance of your contact centre as well as improve employee morale.